For emergencies dial 911.
The Montgomery County Emergency Management Agency believes that our team approach allows us to put the people of Montgomery County as priority number one. Our open-door policy allows us to work together to meet the needs of our citizens, during all types of disasters and remain engaged until the needs of our citizens are met. Continuing education and personal development remains a high priority for the Emergency Management Agency department and staff. We maintain our ability to perform day-to-day readiness through various drills and exercises.
Our ability to perform at peak efficiency in our duties is directly related to our training, safety practices, positive image, competency, honesty, courage, commitment, integrity and mutual respect and is core to our firm set of values.
What we do:
- Develop and maintain all local Emergency Management programs, projects and plans required by State of Georgia and the Federal Government.
- Maintain the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for Montgomery County.
- Provide 24-hour coordination of resources to emergencies and disasters.
- Provide 24-hour emergency coordination to multiple response agencies.
- Provide liaison with local, state and federal authorities during major emergencies and disasters.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct emergency management training /exercise programs.
- Develop and distribute emergency management presentations, brochures, pamphlets, public service announcements and other relevant information for civic organizations, businesses and the public.
The Montgomery County Emergency Management Agency is responsible for coordinating all activities necessary to protect our county residents from natural, technological, and manmade disasters as well as any other emergencies that threaten residents or property. EMA coordinates emergency management services for the county by providing the leadership, planning, education and resources to protect lives, property and environment.
In times of emergency or disaster, the Emergency Management Agency coordinates the response of local agencies, ensuring the dispatch of the most appropriate resources to impacted areas. Through its various programs, the EMA works with local governments, volunteer organizations and the private sector throughout the county to develop disaster preparedness plans and mitigation projects, and to provide training and exercise activities.
The EMA has qualified for the Federal Performance Partnership Agreement, which ensures the county federal disaster assistance and individual assistance in the event of a major disaster. In addition to being eligible for federal assistance, our personal qualifications, based on meeting state-mandated training requirements, enabled us to receive funding from the Federal Government to aid in our mitigation efforts. Montgomery County is committed to taking a proactive approach to the emergency management efforts in our community.
Hyper-Reach is available free to all County residents. Hyper-Reach is utilized to warn citizens of severe weather, road closures, school closures, detours, etc. Sign up with your phone today to receive voice and/or text notifications.
Your contact information remains private, and it will only be used to deliver alerts through the Hyper-Reach notification system. Here is how to sign up:
Call 912-454-8106 and follow the instructions or click the link below.
Office & Staff Directory
ddaniels [at] montcoga.gov